Monday, September 23, 2013

Quick Swatch: Fall Nail Polish Picks (2013)

First post, yay! *happy dance*
This post is going to be about my fall nail polish favorites for 2013. I tried narrowing it down to ten but finally decided to go with twelve picks.

 
You'll find the complete post after this link. Watch out, it's kind of picture heavy! lol ;)


I didn't do complete hand swatches for each of these polishes this time around, I've only swatched one nail per polish, because I will probably repost them as NOTDs at some point in the future.

Let's start with the grays and greens:



Ciaté "Cream Soda" : The only cream formula in this entire post. Little fact about myself: I much prefer the sparkly, glittery and metallic nail polishes then the regular creme ones. But I do like this one and I honestly didn't expect that at first, especially since I've never been a big fan of light gray nail polishes, but this one is a stunner! Almost look like a nude in certain light, very pretty.

O.P.I. "Peace & Love & O.P.I.": From the new San Francisco Collection.This is totally on trend right now. It's a duochrome metallic polish that shifts from grey, to green, to even purple/pink when you get it in the right light. The shift is pretty strong and the formula is surpringsly good, not as thin as I thought it would be.

 
 
Sephora by O.P.I. "Is she for real?" : Gorgeous, gorgeous shade that sometimes look grey, sometimes look olive green and got that incredible golden sparkle. I'm in love!
 
A England "Saint-George": A classic. Beautiful super opaque emerald green/teal with holographic shimmer. How can you not love this polish, especially during Fall? 

Natural light, indoors.
From left to right: Ciaté "Cream Soda", O.P.I "Peace & Love & O.P.I", Sephora by O.P.I "Is she for real?" and A Enlgand "Saint-George". All two coats.

 With flash, indoors.

I tried to capture O.P.I. "Peace & Love & O.P.I." duochrome shift. Sorry for the blurriness! 
 
 
Next we got the purples and coppery reds and oranges: 

 

 
 
O.P.I. "It's my year": I think this is the very first O.P.I. nail polish I ever bought and it's still one of my favorites to this date. This has a sort of purple jelly base and is packed with golden glitters. It is GORGEOUS!
 
Zoya "Aurora": I totally bought this nail polish because of Misshollyberries. She was raving about it in one of her videos and as soon as I saw it, I wanted to buy it! It has again a purple jelly base and is packed with holographic glitters. So sparkly!
 
 
 
Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure "Hot Lava": A beautiful orange glass fleck kind of formula with golden/yellow shimmer. A nice, brighter shade but still very fitting for the Fall. :)
 
Hard Candy "Crush on Lava": Guess I'm loving Lava shades for Fall! haha. :P This one is another glass fleck formula. It's a nice burgundy that has a copper to purple kind of shift, so I guess you could call this a duochrome. I've heard it looks a lot like the former Hard Candy "Beetle" but I'm not sure if it's a dead-on dupe.


Natural light, indoors.
From L to R: O.P.I "It's my year", three coats. Zoya "Aurora", two coats. Sally hansen "Hot Lava", two coats. Hard Candy "Crush on Lava", three coats.

With flash, indoors.

 And finally, the blues and "almost black":

 
 
Orly "Angel Rain": From the new Surreal collection. It is so hard to take an accurate picture of this polish! In person, it is a beautiful light periwinkle blue with a quite noticeable purple/pink duochrome. But no matter how many pictures I took of this polish, I couldn't capture the purple shift correctly! But I did include a picture from my instagram account at the end of this post that is a little more accurate.
 
Essie "Aruba Blue": Another classic. A beautiful luxurious navy blue. Looks like velvet. Definitely one of my favorite Essie nail polishes.
 
 
 
 
Sephora by O.P.I. "212-sephora": This is a real unique nail polish, at least in my collection. It's a brownish green/almost black jelly base filled with holographic glitters and orange flakes. It is one of my favorite nail polishes to wear around Halloween. :)
 
O.P.I. "Every month is Ocktoberfest": Which, I'm sure you've already seen since it has become a cult classic. Another very gorgeous and luxurious looking nail polish. This one has a dark purple base with burgundy red shimmers. Absolutely love to wear it during the Fall! 


Natural light, indoors.
From L to R: Essie "Aruba blue", two coats. Orly "Angel Rain", three coats. O.P.I. "Every month is Oktoberfest", two coats. Sephora by O.P.I. "212-sephora", three coats.

With flash, indoors.
 
Here's the picture of "Angel Rain" that was on my instagram account. You can see the purple shift a little better.
 


That's it! I hope you enjoyed this post! :)

What are your nail polish picks for this Fall? ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment